I've dated a few cosplayers back when I was still young and inexperienced. In fact, my first girlfriend was a cosplayer. Here are a few things I've learned from dating cosplayers. If you're a cosplayer and these don't pertain to you or your friends then it's because I haven't dated anyone as unique as you ;)
1) They don't want to have sex with you in their cosplay because they don't want to ruin it.
2) When you do have sex with them in their cosplay, they never want to wear it again.
3) Cosplayers are fucking kinky and sometimes down right weird in bed.
4) They like to boast about the quality and effort that goes into their work, but they always seem to rush making their costumes in the last few weeks before a con.
5) They're always low on cash and need you to pick some stuff up for them.
6) They have more guy friends than girl friends and each of the guy friends are trying to be their next boyfriend.
7) Me being asian is somehow a huge turn on for non-asian cosplayers, or so they keep tell me.
8) Drama surrounds them and it is never their fault.
9) They always have at least a few dark dark skeletons in their closet. *shudder*
10) They talk a lot of smack when it comes to gaming, but I always kick their ass and they get frustrated with me.(I've only been humiliated by 1 girl in Soul Calibur, but I never dated her)
If you have any corrections you want to make to my list or add anymore, feel free to do so. This has been what I've experienced thus far.